Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
Oh Captain My Captain Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

Oh Captain My Captain

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

Oh Captain My Captain Empty
PostSubject: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 1:56 am

"Again?"
"Well yeah again..."
"Again again?"
"Yes alright! Again. I sank the ship. Again."
"That was the last of our coin Balor. The last."

"I know. I'll uh... Get right on that love. Really."
"Really? You will go find a job?"
"Of course."

I wonder how she's doing now Balor thought as he stepped his way down the road in Luxor, That girl who lost all her money for him hundreds of miles away. Balor was many a thing, but reliable wasn't one of them...

Balor stepped down through to a tavern and set himself on a barrel, joining a game of cards.

a few minutes later, Balor was running with a pocket full of coins and a very upset large man behind him.

He was running as fast as his feet could carry him, finally managing to jump through a window, ducking down below and pressing his back to the wall.

The man ran straight past.

"And another daring escape for the books kiddos."

He looked up and let out a breath.

"Oh... boy... Well this is irony."

A church.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:33 am

A soft hum rang from Myshka's throat. It was a song she didn't remember the words to. She was certain it was a song of praise and reverence to the gods and all that they provide. Or maybe a lullaby? Her Lady used to sing it. Or was it her mother? Myshka could not remember, she just liked the tune. Perhaps she could come up with her own words.

The lady of worship sighed with a gentle smile. Her cellar was clean! The blood from her last transformation had been scrubbed off the walls and floor. The dust swept. She even polished the handles on the doors!

Myshka leaned down and picked up her parchments from their crate. Her quill and ink were at her altar. She had a lesson to write for the following day. By this point, she had managed to recruit seven of the town's children for lessons in writing, arithmetic, reading, and art.

The hum continued and she ascended the stairs up to the main house. Myshka shut the door behind her just in time to turn and see A MAN in her house. A blood curdling scream erupted from those soft singing lips and the parchments flew every which way. He did not look like a priest or a doctor or simply a lost man. He was filthy! Maybe a bandit!

Myshka grabbed the iron poker from the fireplace stand close to her and held the point at him. She tried to sound tough but her voice was too sweet and shaken with shock, "Who are you! Why are you here! I do not want to hurt you but...but I will if you make me!"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:51 am

Balor was looking through the window, waiting to see if that man was going to go back the way he came.... Looked safe enough.... Yeah that's right, better not turn your back on the great Captain Balor! You may end up with a sword in your ba- "AHHH"

That last part was audible as Balor turned around sharply, banging his head on the open window pane and promptly grabbing hold of the side of his head and lifting with his other hand a finger to his lips and saying "SHhhhhhhh"

At her grabbing a weapon, Balor managed to rub the pain from his head and tilted it at her. Well now... Girl of the cloth... Innocent girl of the cloth....mmmmm pretty innocent girl of the cloth...

All this ran through his head while staring at the girl who was fumbling over her own phrasing.

"Now I have good reasons for being here. Truly I do. I would absolutely love to tell you these tales with a bit more... hospitable an atmosphere? I'm not sure in which part of your texts it tells of skewering a guest with a metal rod. Of course... if you wish to cross blades with a Captain."

He lifted back his long jacket to show his sword on his hip.

"By all means, I would be ever so delighted to oblige you."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 3:12 am

That pit in her stomach grew heavy suddenly. She could rip him apart if she let herself go. She could do it! But no...that would be murder. Myshka could not murder...the first people that died, it was only an accident. Not murder!

She didn't like how he was looking at her. It made her feel embarrassed a little. She couldn't feel her cheeks flush but she was certain they were doing just that. Thank the gods she was dressed appropriately that day!

Myshka stared at his sword for a few seconds and held her own weapon to her side, "Put your weapons down and away and I shall do the same with my...stick. I cannot justify remaining unarmed when you are not in the same status. Captain, you are under my roof of holiness and I demand your adherence. P-Please."

Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 2:42 pm

Balor's eyes remained still upon hers. He kept a straight face, still sizing her up and trying to remember just which of the religions he'd met that had the martial artist nuns.... Elysium.... Yes... They were in Elysium... Still had a scar on his back from that crazy church... Oh right, the girl in front of him.

Her insistence of him to put down his weapon was admirable, she sounded almost intimidating.

"Alright how bout this. We both have our weapons in their holsters. Fair right? Yes. So. With the fairness allowing for such things, I will be waiting here in your lovely sanctuary until such time as I have a safe passage to the docks. Until that time, I will have to ask you to kindly calm your wonderful bosoms and allow for me to have a bit of peace?" He smiled at her once more, holding out his hands to the sides.

"For as much as I'd love to disrobe in front of you. A Captain never parts with his blade."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 11:45 pm

Myshka kept her eyes on him with her iron poker pointed at his face while he talked. As he continued she followed his lead and put away her iron. The girl would remain cautious but perhaps slightly more at ease. Besides if he attacked, she could always resort to her beast form. It wasn't what she wanted but if he were a criminal, surely no one would believe him if he ran away screaming about a monster in the church.

Whatever shade of pink her cheeks were previously, they were again upon the mention of her "lovely bosom". Naturally she looked down and covered her chest a bit by crossing her arms. How dare he speak to girl of the cloth like that! Ruffian.

His final words turned the pink to crimson and she huffed, putting her hands on her hips. She needed to stand up for herself, "Now listen here you! As a lady of purity and peace, I am sworn to neutrality. I will keep you safe in my house but only if you respect me! As a matter of fact..." She stomped her way over (stomped as hard as she could really...it was more slight pitter patter) to the window beside him and moved the pane. He had knocked it off its hinge slightly. Myshka returned her hands to their place on her hips, "You can fix the damage you have done to my window. I worked very hard to make this place livable. You can find the tools in the cellar."

She took a few steps back from him, realizing she was standing too close for her comfort. Surprisingly he didn't smell too bad...maybe the sea salt kept his clothes from souring. Myshka started to calm down a bit more and she even smiled, but not much, "I can clean your clothes if you need it. Dinner will be ready in an hour."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 12:41 am

The look of surprise on the Pirates face was almost picture perfect."Wash my clothes? Noooo can't say that I'll take advantage there. Declothed in a church isn't quite the way I work. And dinner? Just a moment ago you wanted to poke my fire! Where's the romance darling!" He laughed, stepping past her and giving a small bow as he walked past. A warm belly for a few minutes of fixing a hinge? Deal!

"Quiet place... You live here alone?" He said this as he passed the place where she was cooking. "Lone wolf and all that? I can relate."

He grabbed his tools, making his way back into the room and setting them on the ground next to the window.

"Alright... I... Uh... Need a hammer?" He reached through the box, inspected each tool and tossed them over his shoulder. With a grin he found his hammer, one bolt had come loose. With 3 swift strikes it was taut as ever.

"Well would you look at that. Handyman all round. My artistry is renowned." He turned around to look around the room and sighed. The tools he'd thrown had landed in various places throughout the room....

He picked those up with a grown... even the one that had stuck in the ceiling... he hoped no one would notice the hole the pickaxe would leave.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:20 pm

Myshka's redness at his continuous lewd comments made her finally have to turn away. He just couldn't stop, could he?! She rolled her eyes and shook her head, making her way over to the cast iron kettle and spit. She began the preparation but lifted her eyes at him as he walked past. Lone wolf? Myshka held her breath but after a second of realizing it was just a common phrase she sighed and nodded, "Yes. I cannot be in a convent. I prefer to not be, as well."

She remembered to close and lock her room, right? Yes. Yes because she had just cleaned it and always remembered to close that door. There was nothing to hint of suspicion in that room of course...except for the nothingness in general. When he came back up from the cellar with the box her nervousness ceded and she continued her work on the meal.

The clanging behind her made her cringe. Myshka closed the lid on the pot for it to slowly cook and turned on her stool, watching him finish the job. She nodded in appreciation of the newly fixed window. Her eye drifted up to the ceiling when he did. Perhaps she could lie and say her ceiling would be ruined too unless he fixed that. But with the various holes in the other parts of it, she doubted she could actually get away with it.

She opened her mouth to speak when there came a pounding on the door. Each knock was followed by a very subtle rattle of metal...

Guards.

Myshka never made it a habit of harboring criminals, but she made a point to help anyone that was in trouble and needed legitimate safety. The law in this area could be unfair. She would not dare think what they would do to her if they found out her big secret. The girl stood straight up and gave Balor a scared look, "Uh, hide! Not in the cellar...hide in my quarters -- oh, don't you dare say a word! Hurry!" The guards would search everywhere...but going into a priestess's living quarters was a big no-no. Her private quarters were almost more sacred than the grounds themselves.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:54 am

"So uh... no one knows what it is you do out here? You could do... anything?" He smiled and leaned against the wall again, smiling that "lewd" smile. "Seems that the convent really trusts you to keep your morals." His grin remained at the knocking on the door.

The guards at the door were something that Balor had anticipated, so. Without much more ado, he stepped into the room opposite and was on the other side of the bed within an instant. Of course, he let his eyes wander the room. Needed to get affiliated if he were to uh... try anything else in here.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 1:38 pm

Myshka groaned at his comments and let him disappear before opening the door, "Good evening officers."

"M'Lady...have you seen a bandit man anywhere near here? He was last seen near this location. He is a criminal."

"No Sir, I have not. I apologize, but I have a lesson and a dinner to prepare. If you will excuse me..."

"M'Lady...." the guard took off his helmet before walking into the house of worship, "Harboring a criminal is a serious offence. Are you sure you haven't seen anyone?"

Myshka's smiled faded and she grew peeved at his questions. Was he accusing her? Myshka started to form a sad expression, "Oh...it is you Officer Moor. You...have not been to service or lessons lately. Have I done something wrong? I keep a mug filled and cold for you in case you ever decide to make an appearance, but...you have not."

The guard blushed and hung his head in shame. The other stifled a snicker, "You 'aven't been to lessons?" Officer Moor replaced his helmet and cleared his throat, "Good day m'Lady. Please alert officials if you see anything suspicious. The turned and left and the other guard continued laughing, "Oooooo!"

The girl shut and re-locked the door. Myshka opened her living quarters door, "They have lef--....what are you doing?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 18, 2012 10:29 pm

As the girl and the guards spoke, he took the time to enjoy the ability to be unnoticed. He listened intently, wondering if this was the day they finally got him in jail... that wouldn't be very becoming of him.

Instead, the men chose to leave. Good. That was very good. So as the door shut, he kicked off his shoes and crawled up upon the bed. Laying on his side, he looked at the door, waiting on her to return.

"What are you doing?"

"Sampling the wonderful craftmanship of this mattress clearly." He smiled a big smile and rolled his way until he was off the otherside, ready to head back out the door with her.

"You know, you really could a bit of loosening up."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 12:56 am

Myshka crossed her arms made her best angry face at him. She was legitimately upset he was on her bed, but sometimes it was hard for her to actually look angry. Hopefully as she got older she would lose the baby fat on her face and could look more respectable. Ew...his feet. No, no, NO.

Thankfully he rolled off so she didn't have to make him and she tsked at his comment, "What is that supposed to mean? Loosen up? What, in order for me to be so uptight, I must refrain from getting drunk constantly and taking my clothes off everywhere I go? Is that what it means to be uptight? Well, excuse me for getting wound up at the idea of a strange man appearing in my house and running from the guards. A young girl alone is not allowed to be on edge by that?"

She took a breath from her little rant, her accent getting stronger and stronger with each word until the last few words were barely understandable. Myshka was reconsidering the murder angle...no he hadn't tried to touch her yet. He may be perverted and a scoundrel but he has kept his hands to himself. She rubbed her face, "Go return those tools to the cellar before someone trips, will you? I need to finish whatever I was doing..." Myshka turned and wandered for a second before picking up her parchments and setting them at the scribe table near the old altar.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 6:32 pm

Balor cocked an eyebrow at her rant, giving her a sidelong glance. "Is that what you think the only other option is? Either strict religion or absolute hedonism? Oh no dear. There are plenty of happy mediums." He smiled and walked over to the tools, scooping them up one by one and replacing them where they belonged.

"I would say that if you were truly perturbed by my being here, you'd have told the guard about me right out. No. I think you could use the company. I bet it gets lonely in a house all by yourself." He looked around, nodding his head and grinning.

As the accent protruded itself, Balor sat himself down and laced his fingers in front of him.

"Now my honored host, I'm intrigued. You are a far bit away from home ain't ya?"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 10:05 pm

He was right, but Myshka wouldn't tell him so. It did get lonely, but that's why she would teach the children and hold sermons. At the same time however, that was different from having actual company. You didn't get to sit and shoot the breeze at a sermon. Socializing was something Myshka did every so often, but it was difficult. She was afraid to be around people.

Myshka had started to write out her lessons but decided she didn't really want to work right now. While he was annoying and just asking for a flogging, it was indeed nice to have someone there. One person. Not a crowd. She looked up from her scribe's table and nodded, "I had to leave my home when I was a younger girl. I can never go back. It is ok though, home is where you make it. I can make myself a new home." No she couldn't. Home was usually a permanent settlement. Surely she would have an accident and eat someone's flock of sheep soon and then have to run away or be executed for being a monster. The priestess...a werewolf! Imagine the rumors and legends that would cause. At least she'd be leaving a story behind.

A genuine smile appeared and she looked straight at him, "Are you thirsty? I would like to hear stories of your adventures."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 12:59 am

Balor nodded his head, sitting down at the table and placing his feet on the empty chair beside him.

"Now a man doesn't just spill his stories without some sort of provocation! A drink! What have you got?" He'd over heard her speaking about brewing, and the elf had nothing more in store for himself than a night of drinking free drinks and continuing to try and pursue this cute little flower.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 23, 2012 2:12 am

Myshka nodded, "I have some apple seasoned mead. I will bring you that." The cordial wasn't finished yet. Besides, the mead was something she liked better anyway herself. She disappeared into the cellar for a minute before returning with a rather large pitcher. Setting the pitcher down nar the fireplace, she took a second to stir the food. The smell released into the air upon the lid lifting and she sighed, "Almost finished." Two loaves were set near the fire to heat, as well as a pat of goat's butter. She was sad to say that she stole that, but no one needed to know.

The pitcher was lightened a little into two mugs. The first she handed to the elf and the second she began to drink. It was refreshing. The taste was not perfect as it was still young, but it was tasty anyway. Myshka pulled two chairs near the fireplace and sat in one, "Tell me about you."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 11:02 pm

Balor kicked up his feet, leaning back and held out his hand for the mug. "Oh this night is going to be wonderful!" He grinned and took a very large drink of it. He'd had better, but not by much. "Oooohhh yes, keep that flowing!" He took a few more drinks before turning to the girl.

"Tell you bout meself? Naaaahhhh you don't wanna hear stories a sea monsters and sirens, and women who turn into seals. Oh noooo much too exciting for a lady of the cloth!" He laughed heartily, taking another drink.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:25 pm

Myshka smiled in thanks of his obvious appreciation of her craft. She was a priestess that spread the word in the way of Laetatio, the deity of revelry. Very few priests followed his word as he was seen as the master of hedonism. His scriptures never called for orgies and drinking yourself to death, but more focused on celebration. Unfortunately, people like to twist the words of others. It seemed like this corner of civilization was much more open to his word. Perhaps because they wanted a faith that allowed them to party. Or perhaps Myshka just wasn't scary like the others. Despite the deity she followed, she was still "of the cloth" and could not really allow herself to revel as much as other followers could. Nonetheless, she could still do something. On the other hand, most other priests held little to no respect for Laetatio and his followers. A religion that encouraged drinking? Blasphemous! Myshka didn't think it was like that. No, it was more about being happy and finding joy rather than being afraid of everything.

The girl frowned and pouted her lips, "Well...it cannot be all bad. I want to hear! Exciting things happen to me all the time! Well, maybe not. But I can handle a little adventure." She dragged her stool closer like a child listening to a ghost story.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 6:46 pm

Balor gave her a small grin, finishing his drink and pushing it toward her to fill. "Well if you insist, I'll start with the story of the mermaid that sank my first ship."

And so it began, the hours whittled by as Balor told story after story, most of them being true yet exaggarated. A few more mugs went by of course and Balor was now standing on the chair.

"And then I shouted at the man! I said "You are not my father! My father died! You killed him!" He swung his hand around in a mock sword fight ending with him on his knees pretending his foe was about to kill him.

"Then I kicked him off of myself," He mimed the motion and stood up, making a lunge. "Then I ran him through and he fell off my ship! Never saw him again after that as you'd expect."

He sat back down, slightly redfaced and winded.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 7:30 pm

Myshka watched him with wide eyes, taking sips of her own mug and constantly refilling his. Halfway through his first tale she served up the lamb stew and refilled her own. His stories were so incredible! She laughed when he was up on the chair. He was very good at telling stories! If she could lead a sermon like he told stories, she would have a lot more conversions.

She helped him sit back down and gave him back his mug, "Goodness! Quite a life of adventure you live! I like to wonder what it would be like to be an adventurer, but I am afraid I would fail miserably. I am not skilled with a sword or any weapon really! Not that I could ever kill a man in the first place of course."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:39 am

"Oh nooo.... Not someone as beautiful as you... No... Nonono... You need no sword. You've slain my heart with just your smile." He gave her his own smile, stepping toward her and grabbing her hand, kissing it.

"You brew the finest of mead... It's unequaled... and I've been allllll over the world." Flattery usually got him somewhere.

"What is life without adventure though... What is life without a bit of fun?"
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:52 am

Myshka didn't quite realize what he had done until she saw his lips actually touch her skin. She couldn't feel him grab it or even the sensation of the kiss, and so her recoil was a bit delayed. The girl didn't reprimand him for his actions, he was just being polite...and tipsy. He was not in control, she was sure.

Myshka smiled and rolled her eyes at his compliment of her mead. She shrugged at his philosophy, "Wasted. Revelry and fun is important to a fulfilling life. I just have a feeling I would not last very long on the sort of adventures you are used to, though! I would get seasick!"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:12 am

Balor sat back down in his chair, leaning in toward her. "Of course, you are right. It would be downright dangerous. Perilous even! Noooo you are better here, filling the beliies with mead, making the hearts yearn for the land and safety. Of course, we must all provide our own entertainment in our own ways. Have our own adventures of our own sort." He smiled at her.

"What do you do for fun? Surely a beauty as yourself must have many who want to dance with you? Drink with you? As I have."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:28 am

Myshka laughed, "No, no, no. I do not have suitors. And if I do, then they keep their distance and their mouths shut. It is just not in good taste to crush on a priestess, Captain. No...I do not really socialize for fun. I tend to keep to myself." She didn't like to do that. Myshka may be a lone wolf but she didn't love it. She had to do it to protect herself and others. She didn't want to have to leave and settle down somewhere else all over again.

He was asking a lot of questions of her. It started to make her a little nervous so she filled her mug again. Unfortunately, she hadn't been a liar nearly long enough to be an exceptionally good one. While she was at it, she refilled his too and handed it back, "You look thirsty! Please, I have plenty to spare. I cannot hardly drink it all by myself."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 2:32 am

Balor grabbed the drink, sliding his chair around and looking her over. "Please don't be nervous, I'm just enjoying your company. Nothing wrong there." He smiled, taking another drink and sliding it toward her. "Perhaps you could use a bit more then. Go on! We are celebrating! For tonight I am here, yet tomorrow is unknown! The beauty of the unknown! The unexplored! The here and now!"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh Captain My Captain   Oh Captain My Captain I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh Captain My Captain
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeternus :: Lands of Aeternus :: The Republic of Luxur-
Jump to: