Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
One shoe shy Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

One shoe shy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 2:54 am

Erin sat at the bar, cradling a cup of water. She was here on a lead that her brother had been through here.
So far, nothing had turned up. She sighed and sipped her the liquid, looking around the bar, the just starting to set sun glinting off the crystal glass. Maybe she'd be able to catch a bit of work. Surely someone wanted someone dead here. Someone always wanted someone dead. She turned and scanned the room intently, spying a pair of burly men who seemed to be in the midst of a headed debate and grinned impishly. She was sure at least one would want the other dead. Maybe even both.

She silently crept closer to them, her lightly pointed ears straining to hear what was said,

"I'm telling you, mate. My oldest said 'e went up in 'tha' mansion an' dead bodies were ev'ry wher'," came the gravelly voice of the man on the left, who had short greasy brown hair. "That monster's got'a be getin' hungry."

This peaqued her intrest as she slid into the adjacent table. "Monster?" she asked innocently as if she'd been there the whole time, "What monster?" Two grimy heads swiveled towards the new voice.

"What monster? What monster? You've never heard of the Monster of Haunted Mansion?"

She feined an innocent blink, while inside she was dancing with glee. This was just the sort of thing she needed on her dreary travels. "I'm afraid I haven't a right clue what your talking about. Please explain..."

The pair of men exchanged smirks and turned back to her, eager to make a bit of extra change. "Even better..." said the man on the right.

"We can take ye to him..." finished the man on the left.

"For a price."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The trip up had been nothing short of fascinating. She'd listened to the two men prattle on for the last hour about their theories of the monster. Who he was, what he wanted...why he hadn't come down. By the time they arrived at the mansion, the sun had long since set behind the hill and the moon was just coming out to play. It was certainly not small she noticed instantly, the strugture looming over her in the dark. Especially in comparison to the house she recalled living in as a child. She was nothing short of awestruck.

"This is it, lass. We go no further. Yer on yer own from 'ere," she stopped, still playing the part of an adventurous teen, and turned to look at them.

"Oh, right...thank you..." she said softly, handing them a few pieces of silver each before they nodded and vanished back into the endless forest. Catiously, she prowled forward, scanning the property intently. She wondered if anyone actually still lived there. It looked well-maintained, so at the very least there would be a caretaker. She took note of the unique decor outside with curiosity. "Odd..."
she mumbled softly, examining a small garden gnome as she crouched down.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:37 pm

"It was a gift... from the Master's Sister......." A voice stated from behind Erin. It was a young man, barely over the age of 20. His hands were dirty and he looked like he'd been doing some yard work. "Have you come to visit him? He doesn't really keep visitors. Most people just sort of... stay away. I don't really get to see many people, except when I go to the market you know."

He blinked at her innocently, putting his hands in his pockets. "So... What can I do for you? He only ever comes out at night... Thats a few hours away... and well... you may not get to do anything after meeting him... Some people just don't come back out."
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:52 pm

She slowly turned her head towards the voice as she stood, "Your master? So someone owns this land then?" she asked, dusting off her ground, "Is he the one they call "The Monster of the Haunted Mansion"? I apologize, that was rude. I was curious is all. Feel free to answer none of my questions if you see fit."
She stopped to take in what he'd ask, "I suppose I'm here to see your master, unless there's someone else I should be here to see..." she replied arching her eyebrows as she held out her hand, "My name's Erin." She had dropped her innocent facade now and her lips curled back into that natural smirk, "May I ask yours?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 5:56 pm

The kid shook his head. "Not rude... true. He is definitely a monster. Just not the type that is out for blood... I've seen him... doing things... bad things..." He shivered visibly and blinked at her. "There is also a demon here. I don't go inside, never inside, but she's.... pretty... I see them go out to the forest all the time."

He rubbed his hands together, getting the dirt off before holding it out.

"Jarell. My name is Jarell. The Master came to me when I was begging for food as a kid. Brought me out here and had the old caretaker teach me before he died... He was a good man..."

Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 6:25 pm

Erin arched an eyebrow in surprise. A demon too? This just seemed to be getting better! She caught his last few words and shook his hand, "He must not be so viscious. Sounds like your master can be good too," She put on a light smile. A rare thing for her, even in falsetto. "I'd say he just wants people to think he's a monster to stay away." she shrugged, "But then, what do I know? I've never met the man."
She glanced up towards the front of the house as a curious frown marred her features, "What do you mean by that he only comes out at night? Is he alergic to the light?" She'd met someone like that. Alergic to the light. Easiest. Kill. Ever. She shook the thought away looking back to Jarell, "Am I permitted to go inside?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:10 pm

"N-no! We aren't allowed inside! I've been here for years and I've only ever been inside twice! I mean... I live in the house over there." He pointed to a hut a ways down the path. "He- He is really private."

"And he doesn't appreciate his underlings divulging information either..." A cold and calculating voice came from seemingly everywhere. But it's source was divulged as a hooded man stepped forward, nothing but his amber eyes showing through the shadows of his hood.

"Greetings Erin. I must say you should choose your paths a bit more carefully. This is my land and I'd be much obliged to you to leave it. Though from what I hear this was your target. Dangerous for an Assassin to target another Assassin..."

He stepped forward a bit more, Jarrell white as a sheet. "Go back to your quarters. Despite that horrid cologne you wear and your obvious pheremones... I do not think this girl would wish to have you. Go."

He turned his attention back to the girl.

"You came all this way. Speak."
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:30 pm

Erin arched an eyebrow at the command, not usually one for taking commands. Though, something about the chill in his voice and the matching ice in his amber gaze made even her feel the slightest bit intimidated, "Your house, Monsier Monster, Sir wasn't exactly my target. My interest was piqued by the tale of an interesting character living up here." she looked around, "Though it doesn't appear nearly as impressive as was mentioned," she remarked looking around. Something was strange about him, that was for sure. Something cold....unalive. How could he know she was an assassin? "I was simply wondering what all the fuss was about." She shrugged, looking around, "I was told that uh 'Dead bodies littered the ground' if I do recall...." she looked at him sideways eyebrows arched high into her scarlet hairline, "I don't exactly see dead bodies, though..."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 01, 2012 8:37 pm

"I can smell the metal on your person. Too armed for mere travelling. Not armed enough for Mercenary. It's simple." He looked around and put his hands behind his back. He stayed silent while she spoke of bodies. "Of course. Bodies begin to smell once they lay out." His voice didn't even hint that it may or may not be a joke.

"Such a rude child..." He remarked at her unimpressive statement. "Do you usually insult people on their property? I've seen people killed for less." He seemed rather unimpressed with her as well. A girl simply out looking for trouble.

"Of course... You do know that if I catch you killing anybody without the guilds consent... I will have to order your death. You've been warned."

There were rules to be an assassin. Just as gangsters had territories, so too did Assassin Guilds. You paid your tax when you did business in their territory, or you will be hunted down yourself. It stops key political pawns from getting unneccessarily murdered.
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 1:36 am

Woah now! Death? She hadn't signed up for that when she'd joined to assassin ranks! With a nod of her head she closed her eyes, bowing her head respectfully, "Forgive my impudence, sir. I mean you no insult. I have never been taught proper mannerisms, though that is truly no excuse," she mentally cursed, finding her usual silver tongue deserting her, "I am going to be blunt from hereforth. I am in need of someone to teach me the proper ways of an assassin, rather than those of a homegrown killer. I heard you're the man to see for such a thing. I don't know what or who you are and I don't really care- it's none of my buisness. At this point I'm desperate enough to do nearly anything. Can you help me or not?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 05, 2012 6:24 pm

there we are Shayd thought as she humbled quickly. It was the respect a man like him deserved, and coming from someone who had just been so disrespectful before was refreshing. Good. She takes order well.

"I do not take everyone who comes up here... You'll need to have your homegrown skills tested." He lifted one hand, a blade suddenly appearing in it, and pointed toward the forest. With just a flick of his wrist, the blade sang through the air and thudded against a tree a hundred yards away.

With a flash of red fur, the scurrying fox went pelting through the forest.

"Catch the fox alive and return him to me. Then you will have the right to sit at my table." He turned on heel, heading back to the house.
Back to top Go down
Erin Castral

Erin Castral

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 1:33 am

There was a burning internal rage that she burried, This isn't for me. This if for Saga and Taya she reminded herself, darting off into the forest in pursuit of the red ball of fur. First, she'd need to track it. Then, trap it. What did foxes find appealing? She shook her head, pausing as she caught sight of a fox trap.
There.
A print.
Perfect.
With a small smirk, she followed the few scattered prints to a small dugout in a tree. She saw a pair of glowing eyes and sighed. How on earth was she supposed to get it out of that hole? With a sort nod, she got down on her knees, opting to try gentleness first, "Erm...come on...little fella," she tried stretching out her hand, but that only left her hissing and pulling her hand back to look at the newly forming welts of red, "Damned little beast..." she muttered, glancing at the dirt dugout.

~*~*~

She then opted to try lureing out of its hiding spot with a large rodent for a meal. She set it about ten feet out and grasped a net in hand. The fox darted out and picked up the rodent with exceeding speed.

Stopped.

Leered at her.

Darted darted back into it's hole.

She dove for the thing only to plummet to the ground face-first with huff. "Little bastard!" she hissed in frustration.

~*~*~

This went on for some time, her trying to get the animal from it's hiding place long enough to be caught. It evading each attempt as if it knew what she was doing. Finally, Erin hissed and reached into the hole, ignoring the searing pain of teeth and claws and dragging the fox from its hole by the scruff of it's neck. By now the moon was high in the sky and the air had a bitter chill. She looked to the animal, "Troublesome thing..." she mused as she carried it back to the front of the house, "Hey, I got it," she called, holding the orange critter towards the empty doorway, "Hello?" she called.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

One shoe shy Empty
PostSubject: Re: One shoe shy   One shoe shy I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

One shoe shy
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeternus :: Lands of Aeternus :: The Cremea Woodlands-
Jump to: