Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) Empty
PostSubject: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 8:54 pm

Luc had landed on these lands in Luxur but he now finds himself traversing the Cremea Woodlands. The closer he got to the woods the stronger the call in his blood became. Lucius knew he was close. There was something that pulled him here to this place. Its as if his blood knew this land. The dense woods seemed familiar to him as he made his way through them. Had never felt the calling of his sire this strong before.

As Luc finds himself in a clearing he looks to the manor he sees there. ~Could this be it? Could he be here?~ he asks himself. It almost seemed to easy but as any vampire can tell you blood does not lie. So taking a deep breath he walks towards the house and knocks on the door.

There were a million and one things going through Luc's mind as he stood there waiting. First and foremost was why had he left him in that hole to raise alone. It was like leaving a child homeless and without anyone to care for them. Over the last 200 years Luc has made peace with it but he still wanted answers. He needed answers.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 6:05 pm

Shayd heard the knock, but didn't think much of it. Seemed these days that he was getting more house calls than usual. Only befitting the trend continued. He let out a sigh, opening the door and looking at the one in front of him.

"Yes?"

Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 6:48 pm

Luc looked up at the man in front of him and has to swallow passed the lump in his throat. Its as if his blood was on fire. It was as if he was born again and raising as a new vampire once more. His copper eyes take in the sight of the man and shakes his head. ~Get a grip, Luc. He is gonna think you are crazy if you just keep looking at him like that.~ Out loud he says "I am sorry to have disturbed you this evening. My name is Luc Barri and I am looking for an old friend and wondered if you might know him. His name is Robert Lafayette. i was told this was his home." He hopes that maybe saying his name Robert would remember who he was.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 7:21 pm

Shayd smiled at the boy. Inner turmoil was twisting like a snake. He knew that name. He knew that name and he knew it well. This was the one he had killed. The copper eyes were an indication though... This was Shayd's prodigy...

"I do not know of anyone by that name... You must be mistaken."

Not good. Not good at all.
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:40 pm

Luc frowns at him. Maybe sires didn't feel it as much as fledgling vampires did. Maybe he was wrong. Lucius nods "Again I am sorry for disturbing you. I must have been misinformed. Do you know of a place I can spend the night? I have been traveling for a while to look for my friend." He had hoped that Robert would at least remember him. That he would be able to at least be able to tell him why he left him to wake alone. Shaking his head he he smirks. "Again I am sorry to have bothered you." He turns to walk back down the steps.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 17, 2012 9:49 pm

Shayd opened his door wider, taking a step back. "Any weary traveler is welcome here." He bowed his head, allowing the man to enter. "Where is it that you've traveled from then?"
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:47 pm

Luc smiles as Robert offers his home for the night. "Thanks old timer." He says as he enters the manor, patting Robert on the shoulder as he passes him. Looking around the entrance of the house he lets out a low whistle "Nice place you have here." He smiles "I have been traveling from many places. Most recently from Luxur. Before that a country called Crimson Tides. I had a great time there. There was a tavern in one of the cities call The Eternal Flame. Ran by this woman with hair the color of rich blood. She was great at knowing what a man needed to make him happy." Turning back to the man Luc smirks. He wasn't sure if Robert knew the name of Catherine's tavern in Crimson or not but he thought it was worth a try.

After he crawled out of the whole and after years of bloodlust and finally gaining control of it he went in search of Lafayette. He found the name still lived and it turned out to be the man's sister but Lucius had enjoyed getting to know the woman though. Had she had had skills made for tending. Thinking of Catherine he smiles softly. He wondered if she was still tending bar.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 6:51 pm

"Old timer? I am barely over your age by the look of you!" He smiled a bright smile, walking his way in. "Must be quite the city. I normally stay myself around these parts. Definitely haven't met any red haired women of late... I think I'd remember if I had." He smiled.

This boy seemed to know who Shayd was... That was dangerous. Shayd knew many prodigies that killed their masters.... Catherine and himself included... He had meant to save the boy's life, not take it... Though apparently it had worked.

"So this man you are looking for. What made you think he was here?"
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 18, 2012 7:07 pm

Luc smiles and clasps his hands behind his back. Looking at the man in front of him. "I have been looking for him for a few years. He saved my life some years ago and I never got the chance to thank him. So I remembered his name and have followed him from place to place and thought I had finally found him. I was in the woods exploring and something kept pulling me this way. It was as if I just had to come to this house. But I guess since he isn't here then I was wrong." He shrugs. "And its to bad you do not know any red haired woman they can be fun." He says with a wink. "They can be little spit-fires." He says with a grin.

His copper eyes hold humor as he watches the man before him. Lucius was sure this was Robert...his blood felt like it was on fire. Couldn't he feel it too?
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 2:48 pm

Shayd put a hand to his eyes, absolutely miserable at the idea that this boy could be someone he turned. "There is no use denying it... I am Robert Lafayette. I have many enemies, needed to make sure you were not among them."
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 5:42 pm

Lucius smirks as Robert tells him that it is really him. "That's it....just I am Robert Lafayette, No I am glad to see you alive Lucius. Glad what I did helped. Or I am sorry for leaving you in a hole and not being there when you woke." He raises a brow and grins. Luc was joking around with Robert. He couldn't help but mess with the man. It was his way.

He smiles again "Did you ever find your sister?" He asks as he moves farther into the house looking around.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 2:06 am

Shayd looked the boy clean in the eyes, chewing on his cheek. "Luc. I was under the impression that I killed you. I mourned you. I buried you. What more do you ask?" He leaned against the table, taking a drink from the glass on the table. "I hardly gave that benefit to any of the other's to die at my hand."

"Yes. The Redhead you were mentioning was her. Once we reconciled, she continued her business in the tavern. If she steps out of line, her head will be on my fireplace. Since we've met things are a bit different... So. how are you adjusting?"
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 20, 2012 7:23 pm

Lucius stops and looks at Robert. "I knew she was you sister when I mentioned her. After I gained control of the bloodlust...no easy feat that by the way...I went in search of you. I heard stories of a Lafayette and the stories were horrible. The things they were saying happened in the name. But it wasn't you the stories were about it was her. She was a monster." He pauses as he closes his eyes. He shakes his head. "I will admit that before I gained control of the bloodlust I did some terrible things. I am not proud of them but your sister seemed evil from the stories I had first heard." Though Luc was over 200 years old he was still a young vampire. This would be like a teenage boy meeting his father for the first time. "Then I caught up with her in Crimson. I got to know her and her husband pretty well while I stayed there. I was there for a couple of months hopping that you would come to her. But she didn't seem like the stories I heard. She seemed happy and never did I see her attack anyone. I hope she and the elf are still doing alright, though it has been 80 some years since I saw them last." He shrugs he wasn't sure why he was telling Robert all of this.

"As for what I wanted from you not much. I really did just want to find you to let you know that I was well. And that I know you did this to save me. I wasn't looking for a big family reunion or an instant place in your life. I just thought you would like to know that I am still around." He smirks. "I am adjusting as well as I can. It wasn't easy but I made it through." This was the most serious that Luc had ever been.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 3:16 pm

"My sister... Made me cross Lafayette from my name. My name is Shayd." He leaned against the arm of his chair. "I answer to the name of Robert Lafayette only out of courtesy of others, but I hold no love for it."

He smiled at the boy sitting across from him. "You speak of monsters as if you weren't one yourself, as you said. You are not above redemption however." He raised his glass, drinking from it. "Do as you please, you have my blessing, and my protection."
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 5:09 am

Luc shakes his head and smiles at Robert. "Oh I have no illusions that I am not a monster as well. I am only saying that the things your sister is credited with makes a demon seem friendly. But then after meeting her I am sure most of the worst was had grown in the telling." He shrugs and sits back in his chair. "I am not looking for for redemption. I made peace with this life a long time ago. I just want to go on enjoying it. I want to make every night a party and to have fun. Now if you knew where I can find a good woman every now and then that could be information I would take." He smirks as he looks at Robert.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 6:28 pm

Shayd smiled at the boy. "A good plan, but understand that if I get wind you are killing, I'll be forced to put you down. I gave my sister one chance. I'll give you the same." He leaned on the armchair once more, smiling at the boy.

"You know... You may have actually inherited a few of my gifts... Seems you have my eyes. Cute." He pointed at the amber eyes the other held.

"Tell me, have you learned to become one with shadow yet? Or have you not had it happen yet?"
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:39 pm

Lucius smiles at Shayd "Yes the eyes were a surprise the first time I saw them. I was born with blue eyes. When I say the copper color in my own face I was shocked. Why did my eye color change? Is it something only your 'children' do?" He asks with a raised brow. There was still so much he didn't know. Luc thought by now he would know everything there was to know but then he would run into something that surprised him.

"I have not learned that one yet. That could have been dangerous before I gained control of the bloodlust." He smiles at Shayd again. "I would like to learn that though."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 8:45 pm

"Vampiric qualities and abilities are passed through the sire to the progeny... Your eyes are a side effect of your new ability to see in the dark, and at far reaches." He smiled at the boy, leaning back in his chair. "It is a skill better sought out rather than taught sadly, just know that you must be in shadow to become it."

"You said you met my sister. How'd that trip go..."
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 9:48 pm

Luc nods as Robert tells him that he can't be taught how to blend in with shadows. When asked about meeting Catherine he smiles again. "As I said before its been a few years since the first meeting and I did not tell her who I was. But I followed the Lafayette name and that's how I cam to meet her. She owned a tavern in a land called Crimson. I was hopping that if I stayed with her long enough you would show yourself. I know you were looking for her and wasn't sure if you ever found her. She was married to a ranger back then...an Elf I believe. He seemed like a decent guy." He shrugs "While I was staying at the Inn I got to know them both pretty well and she just seemed so different from the stories that I had heard. That's why I figure most grow in the telling. I mean no one woman could kill four men in one night right?" He says with a laugh. To him it seemed to hard to think that the Catherine he meet so many years ago could be the same one that they call Catherine the Bloody.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 10:58 pm

Shayd's eyes darkened, for a slight moment regretting his decision to let his sister live... She hardly deserved any sort of happiness... All those lives she ended...

"8. The largest body count was 8... Group of hunters thinking they were getting lucky... It wasn't pleasant when they were found..." He crossed his arms. "She tells me she changed, I'm inclined to keep speculation on her. If her fangs get a mile from an innocent I'll be having her heart in a jar on my mantle. Where she was murdering, I was honing my craft. She has no power compared to mine.." He may have sounded conceited, but it was true. He held no fear for Cath, and she feared him to the grave.

"She's actually moved to the country of Revera. Has a new husband... Merc."
Back to top Go down
Catherine_lafayette

Catherine_lafayette

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2012 9:02 am

His eyes widen slightly at he number of men. "Are you sure? I mean...really..8...That just seems like a waste. We cannot hold that much blood. Did she bathe in it?" He shakes his head as he thinks this. It could not be the same woman he meet in Crimson. He raises a brow. "So you do not believe she is reformed? You think something will set her off again?" He could not wrap his mind around always looking for the bad in someone. He shakes his head.

Raising his brow as Robert says she has married again. "From a ranger to a Merc, huh...."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)   Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Finding something lost and forgotten (Shayd)
Page 1 of 1