Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
You must login or register to have full access to the forum. To register, keep in mind that your account name DOES NOT need to be your character's name. We use the "one account per player" method, as such numerous characters can be tied to one account.
Aeternus
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aeternus is a medieval RP forum with an in depth and complex fantasy setting.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Affiliates
free forum The RPG Collection
A Night at the Doctor's home Possible2b
Chatbox
Window
YOUR POSTS CLICK ME!
omg

A Night at the Doctor's home

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

A Night at the Doctor's home Empty
PostSubject: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 10:09 pm

The night was crisp and clear as the people stood in the torchlight, drinking and making light conversation. Servants walked to and fro, pouring drinks and filling food requests as everyone spoke in their hushed tones. Everyone outside was regal and somewhat quiet, but inside was a rather different story. Inside was where everyone was yelling and dancing to the music as the band stomped and clapped on the stage.

Mercutio stepped down the stairs and cocked an eyebrow at the proceedings. He had just unraveled a rather unsightly case and was throwing the party to celebrate the stop to the Demon that had been terrorizing the poor countryside. Once his foot touched the bottom stair, A woman came forward and grabbed his hand, bowing her head. "Oh dear good Doctor, it's a pleasure to see you again. I do hope you find time to give me a dance later tonight?" Merc smiled and lifted his mask to his face before bowing his head to her. "For such a lovely lady as yourself, of course." He turned and made his way though the crowd and shook his head. They said that the Regent himself would be here tonight to congratulate. Most others were only here for the social need and the want for free food and wine.

He stepped his way over toward the stage and nodded his head to the beat of the band, wishing for nothing more than to return upstairs to his bedroom and read. He had been at quite a good part before the guests started arriving.
Back to top Go down
Apo
Admin
Apo

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 06, 2011 11:32 pm

Tonight, he was Adonis, a Reverian man rich enough to go where he wished without trouble, yet low enough in the hierarchy not to draw too much attention. Nonetheless he had received an invitation for some sort of party held by a certain Doctor. It seemed that his agents within Revera thought he might enjoy the party, or, more likely, find it interesting information-wise. As Revera was a neighbour of the Imperium, it was only normal for its many strata of population to be infiltrated by agents serving the Lord-Emperor, especially in the upper classes.

The seemingly young man, in his twenties, dark of hair with green eyes and tanned skin, dismounted the black stallion he had been riding to the place that held the party. His ears caught the sounds of people celebrating inside, far more so than the first people he encountered. He had arrived with a woman, Selene, an older woamn, in her thirties, yet extremely well connected. She, like so many others, had sworn with an oath binding to the extreme to serve the Lord-Emperor, and serve him she did well.

"They say the Regent might make an appearance on this night, isn't the prospect most exciting?" she told Adonis, who smiled white teeth at her.

"Most exciting, like so many of such soirées." Adonis answered, before catching sight of the man who, according to Selene, hosted the party.

"Shall we greet our most generous host?" he asked her, offering his arm for her to hold as they walked towards the man. It wasn't truly a question, for he needed to know who the man was, and how he could best be used.

"My good Doctor, this promises to be a fantastic night!" complimented Selene as a way of introduction, she seemed to know everyone. "Might I introduce my nephew, Adonis? He possesses a most lucrative business in the silk trade." she said, to which Adonis nodded.

"A pleasure to meet you, Doctor. You seem to be the city's great pride and, if I hear correctly, it seems deserved." Adonis said. He knew of the man what Selene had told him, along with remembering the name from diplomatic dealings between the Imperium and Revera. What interested Adonis the most though, was his connection with the Regent.
Back to top Go down
https://aeternus.rpg-board.net
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:02 am

Lingering before a slightly stained mirror on the wall, the not-quite-so-welcomed guest touched up her mask. Vela, despite her eagerness to expose her grandeur, had to remain slightly low-key. Commoners of all sorts were present at this ball, but those were mostly human. Particularly due to the more recent events and the Doctor's discovery, her nature needed to kept secret. Her mask was one of splendor, a decadent array of topaz (both real and false) gemstones and a rich gold-colored sateen. All though it brought attention to her face, it covered the Eye of Bad Fortune. It tended to frighten people after all.

Her tightly waved, white hair was spun and piled upon her head in a cascade of ringlets. She stood a bit longer before the mirror and smiled, brushing a finger across her exposed eyelid to adjust the powdered paint. How marvelous she looked! As always. Vela smoothed her decorative corset down her front half, pleased with how it flattered her figure. Though regal in appearance, it was still lined with noisy coins and bells. Something equally fantastic caught her eye and brought her attention to a lovely young lady in rose pink. Her dress was adorned with rich, jewel encrusted lace...Vela wanted it. It was too pretty! Perhaps later she could lure her away and take it.

The demon held her head high and studied the faces of those she passed. They seemed intrigued with her highly ornate neck and right arm, which made her grin. Not only did she adore compliments, but it implied she could make a pretty coin that night on poor suckers willing to believe in what they wanted to hear.

Ah! The man of the hour! There he stood alone in all his glory...thanks to him she had to remain in the shadows lest she be harpooned with pitchforks by an angry mob. Shadows were where she preferred to be most of the time...so hard feelings were not held. A woman and a younger man approached them. They looked important and so it drew her in a bit more. Vela could not hear what they said, but could see their mouths moving, smiling. Mindless chit chat no doubt.

Vela meandered about until she managed to fill a chalice with fine wine. The Doctor lived in style, she could respect that. Though there were too many torches near the refreshments and the light chased her away. Persuasion for drinks would be necessary as the night grew. Her eye stayed on the three as they conversed.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 12:09 pm

Merc looked up at the new arrivals and tilted his head at the woman. He wasn't sure if he had met her before, but he had a good inkling that he had. He nodded his head to her before turning to her younger counterpart. "Good evening Adonis, I do hope that the party fills your appetite well enough." He looked to the lady again before hearing the young man's next query. Peculiar. He spoke a little differently than he would expect these mindless beasts to converse. "I hardly believe that stopping a rampaging demon is what I'd call a deserved reward. The creature was burned once it was captured... a pity really. It would have been fascinating to observe. A man who could transform into a Snake no doubt. Quite intriguing, wouldn't you agree?"

His eyes flickered to the rather bejeweled woman before returning to the conversation. "So a silk company? How does one manage to transport such goods in times like this? Even the local roads are infested with terrors. And no one seems to be what they seem either... Anyone in this room could even be a monster." He looked at Adonis again and felt a sense of power from him. Oh he would go far if he entered politics. He had that aura about him that demanded respect. Merc was of no exclusion. He looked into the man's eyes, but found something different. Where most men would look down or away, this man just stared straight on. He took a slight breath before turning toward the table behind him. "Yes, so would either of you care for a drink. I've spared no expense for this little get together, and would have it used fully." He reached out slowly for a bottle of wine and grabbed four glasses. "This was brought from the grape vines over in our sister cities in the Desert. Try it... It's quite remarkable."

He poured in all four glasses and handed one to each of them so that he was still holding two. "You there... I have one for you as well. No reason to stand shyly by, here, try some. It's quite good." He looked her in the eye before holding up the drink.

Back to top Go down
Apo
Admin
Apo

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 8:23 pm

"I have yet to find reason to complain." answered Adonis with a slight smile on his face. "As for the creature itself... I would have preferred to not only observe it dead, but also living. Too much of what we consider knowledge is in truth superstitions of little academic value. While the transformation in itself is fascinating, I would ask one simple question; why a snake?" he continued. The personna of Adonis, just like his true identity, were scholars at heart. That a merchant would know or care to know was not surprising by itself; as those rich enough to be at the party would be successful enough to have some time of their own to dedicate to outside pursuits.

"I will not lie and say that the silk trade is not without its dangers, especially as you mentioned the roads. It is why I use ships as much as I can. As for the monsters... some might try to steal the goods, true, but others will be buying. If enough of those monsters are clients of mine, then the others would not risk it, wouldn't you agree?" he said on the subject of the silk trade.

All while he spoke, Adonis stood tall, never looking away from the eyes with whom he spoke. While his presence as Lord-Emperor was so strong it could awe thousands, his current form managed to suppress it somewhat. He still looked like a man with the will of a hundred, the kind that would never bow down to kings or gods, the kind that had clawed its way to the top, and wouldn't let anyone drag them back down. Fortunately for him, such men, while rare, were not unique, and thus Adonis seemed to be the perfect personna for someone like Aurelian.

"I would not refuse a drink." answered Adonis, while Selene accepted in much the same way. They did not begin to drink it immediately though, it would have been terrible manners. Instead, they waited as the Doctor invited another to their little group, a woman dressed splendidly, with so many stones it was a wonder those around her did not feel the urge to rip her clothes apart and steal them away. While Selene looked over the other's clothes, Adonis ignored them superbly, fixing instead her eyes, or eye as was the case, with his own penetrating gaze, one that seemed to be able to look in another's soul... and really, he could. He was a mind mage after all... and was using his gift even now. He did not invade other's consciousness, he was far more subtle than that, and instead remained on the fringes of minds, catching lthe stray and loud thoughts, in case he learned anything of interest. If someone especially intrigued him, he would enter their mind, though remain unnoticed, like a shadow in the middle of the night. That was the power, rightfully feared, of mind mages. They were insidious, and could make another, if strong enough, do everything they wanted. Those with great willpower, like Adonis himself, were immune to its effects, though such people were rare.

"An impressive garb." Adonis remarked. "Would you be a dancer?" he asked. Now that they all had their drinks, they could begin drinking... after certain curtesies were respected.

"I propose a toast, to the man of the hour, and to the night of merriment he has so generously given us." Adonis proposed, raising his glass.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:01 am

Vela stepped aside as the conversing trio made their way to the well lit barrel area. Overhearing talk of the demon made her shake her head slightly. Asking why he was a snake would be like asking why a merchant was a human. Such a deep question...WHY are you? Why was she a swindling gypsy? Because she was good at it. Why was she a demon? That sort of knowledge would only be learned in death. She couldn't help but grin when the good Doctor offered a drink. Very well then...

The demon took a few steps forward but remained a distance from the flickering torchlight before taking a few sips of the wine, "It's splendid. Compliments of admiring nobles in said sister cities, I take? Exquisite taste...the smell can hardly do it justice." She smirked behind her raised chalice when the other man commented on her garb and nature of work. The only thing about her that would suggest she danced would have been her noisy accessories...but even then, she was not the only noisy guest there.

Vela curtsied, "Yes sir, I am. But then aren't we all at masquerades? Or at least all the fun ones are. Tell me...do you all dance?" A nod followed his suggestion and she raised her own, "To the Doctor." She sipped the drink down to emptiness upon completion of the toast.
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 2:37 am

Merc raised a hand to his chin at the mention of the new question. Something he hadn't really given much thought to. Why would they choose a snake form? "Why would they choose a snake form? Why should we assume that they have a choice? From what I've studied, they only ever take one form.... No matter the situation. I believe I heard tell of a demon transforming into a lion when they were cornered at a place where two walls met. Now if he could turn into a mouse, would he not have survived? I think so." He looked the man in the face once more, seeing once again that piercing gaze.

"So you would sell to the bandits... Perhaps that would be beneficial, except why would they buy it when they can take it for free?" He pondered again. This time smiling at the woman. "So tell me sweetheart, what side of Revera do you hail from? North or South of the mountains?" He based the question to the female, seeing that she wasn't as impressive as her male counterpart for sure.

Upon the new arrivals remarks, Merc nodded his head, "Gifts for... favors. They believe that the best way to the Regent's heart is through his consultant. They would be right in many aspects, but I'm not so swayed. But alas, why should good wine go to waste?" At her next question however, the Doctor cocked an eyebrow from beneath his mask "I like to dabble here and there. A good waltz to freshen the nerves..."

He looked to his glass as they toasted him, he raised his own glass, saying "To keeping the monsters where we can see them." He drank deeply and set his glass down .He raised his hand to Selene and bowed his head, "Would you care for a dance?"
Back to top Go down
Apo
Admin
Apo

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 9:28 am

((OOC: I'm taking for granted that you (Sig) meant East or West instead of North or South of the mountains))

"Then their form would be imposed upon them, or be part of them. Did that demon ever show personality traits related to snakes? If it was still alive, perhaps we would know. But, sometimes it is necessary for questions to remain unanswered." Adonis added with a shrug. "Perhaps the next will answer some of them, there never seem to be a shortage of their kind."

He smiled when the subject of trade, and bandits, was brought. It was a dangerous smile, a show of teeth that was both amused yet also managing to scream danger. "Why? Because of the bandits themselves. If one group steals from me, the others do not receive their goods, and take vengeance on the thieves. Even lawless men have some degree of common sense, or have so for now." he answered.

Selene had been quiet for a while, much unlike her, but then, Adonis naturally took the main role most of the time. It was innate in him, a natural leader, while she was a follower. "I come from the East, from a small town not far from here, Revir." she answered, and was speaking the truth. She had been born in these lands, had lived all her life there... yet had fallen on some hard times, and that had been when the Lord-Emperor's agents had found her.

"While I do not like it enough to make it my professional career, I do enjoy a few dances now and then." Adonis answered the woman. It was true, and he hard learned, and performed, his share of dances at official events, though not always as Aurelian as the Lord-Emperor's visits to such parties were extremely rare.

Adonis and Selene finished the toast by drinking their own glasses. When the Doctor proposed a dance, Selene curtsied, obviously pleased by the offer. She didn't have to ask for Adonis' permission for he had already given her, as soon as the Doctor had made the offer in fact. Such was the power of mind magic, and so her reply came naturally. "It would be my pleasure, good sir." she said as she placed her gloved hand into the man's raised one.

That left Adonis with the greatly adorned dancer. He had an enigmatic smile on his face, as if amused by something known only to himself. His mask did nothing to hide the smile, a mask black and gold. "Well then, milady, shall we be part of the fun ones?" he asked, performing a motion much like the Doctor had, though Adonis still possessed the grace given to him by his elven mother, even if he looked nothing like his original self. Even under the illusion, he would still appear more graceful than most men.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 10:52 am

The creature merely made a nod with her head at the Doctor's response to demonic capabilities when it came to their true form. Not that she would be anything but what she already was! Except perhaps....she'd give herself the ability to fly. As the Doctor included his own small toast she grinned with thought, Keeping the monsters where you can see them...and in so doing, keeping the rest of you where we can see you.

She did make a genuine smile at their appreciation for dance. In all that she did, it was truly the only thing she loved to do that didn't hurt people. Dance for her was more than a way to make an extra tip, it was an expression! It was entertainment! Some people thought she was crazy to live the life she chose, but they just could not hear the music.

Vela did a small curtsy once more to the gentleman that offered her dance, "With pleasure!" She allowed him to lead her away from the drinking area to the dancing and couldn't help but notice his unique smile. She wore those quite a bit herself, "What's that sly grin of yours...you have a secret or two! Don't we all? Whatever yours is makes you laugh, so does mine. My name is Vela, who are you?" She did a small spin to the music until she faced him, her ornate right palm flat against his. Vela was mainly a soloist, but knew partner dances well. They weren't her favorite, it meant attention had to be shared!
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 8:55 pm

The Doctor hinted the danger at the conversation with the bandits and merely returned the gaze. There was no way that bandits would leave a cargo alone for fear of an even larger bandit group. If they killed the cargo holders and made off, surely they'd never be caught, or be dumb enough to think they wouldn't get caught. No, this man was either lying, or had some deal with them going on. Strangely, the Doctor couldn't tell which. Quite curious.

Upon the woman's answer, his eyes widened for only the briefest of seconds. She had not chosen north or south like a liar would. It would seem that she thought he was making a slip of the tongue rather than his attempt to fumble her. It would seem that she really was from Revera, his paranoia must be starting to get to him. "Oh Reviri is a beautiful city, my father had a vacation home out there for his extended business and pleasure." For him personally, it was a city where he had first met a wonderful Doctor who sparked his interest in the medical field. A childhood hero, so to speak. "I met a man up there that told me some very wise words... Never think the same exact thing twice. Always evolve and think differently from others. It's the best way to find the answer."

Once they were out upon the dance floor, the Doctor waltzed with the woman, the music slow yet powerful. "Selene my dear, you have remarkable grace." He smiled at her and continued the dance. He wondered just what was going on in her mind at this moment, she had such stunning eyes. Perhaps he would save those as a souvenir after burning her alive. He could carve a glass replica and make a paper weight out of it.... Splend on a day where clutter is wild.
Back to top Go down
Apo
Admin
Apo

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 08, 2011 11:59 pm

Adonis' first thought about his newest dance partner was that she talked much, in rapid sentences. Usually, only people who were nervous spoke in such a way, yet it did not seem to be the case. Interesting, or not. Whatever it was, he soon had to speak himself. "My name is Adonis, a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Vela." he answered, while staying upon the fringes of her mind. Such an interesting mind she had, full of vivid images and scarlet colours.

He waited until the dance required them to be close to each others, close enough that he may speak quietly in her ear without others nearby hearing it. "Would your secrets include a way to keep the bloodstains off your dress? Or hers, for that matter?" he asked her. One of the advantages of mind magic. It got better the more one learned of its possible uses, and experimented with new, undiscovered ones.

Even after witnessing her thoughts, Adonis kept on dancing, his moves meant to look natural. He had been taught to dance at a young age, for a royal prince could not embarrass himself in soirées by ignorance of the most basics of steps. He was still smiling, even after such a question. He awaited the woman's reaction, they were usually very surprised when Adonis revealed such a gift, though it fit with the personna. After all, a mind mage merchant would be a very successful one, wouldn't he?

"I am surprised you visit there, it is far from the main roads." Selene told the Doctor, yet felt pleased that he would know of her hometown. "The man sounds like a wise one. What is his name? I might know him."

And then they were dancing. Selene knew her steps well, having been raised in a prestigious family who still desperately held to its former glory. She blushed slightly when the Doctor complimented her dancing. "Thank you Doctor, you are not so bad yourself!" she answered with a smile.

"Does your work often call you to deal with demons?" she asked, curious. She was unware that her master had seen the chaotic state of the man's mind, and had withheld information from her. Adonis would let events run their course, unless Selene came to deadly harm. The Lord-Emperor was not one to disregard tools that could still prove of use.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 10:16 am

Vela blinked but also continued to dance. She felt her blood boil and her skin get hot from the information he somehow withdrew from her. So...that was his secret then. The demon's good eye locked onto him and narrow slightly, "Well I guess it's no longer a secret when someone else knows about it. That's very rude you know..."

He only had to open his mouth and she could get swarmed by angry citizens. He seemed like a classy gent though, so Vela did not feel the need to worry. However, he had leverage against her...if only she could have some of her own.

The demon allowed him to lead her through the dance further before speaking once more, "I'm skilled in the realm of the psychic sciences you know. Being a mind mage I'm sure you have your fill of gathering information from others, but aren't you even slightly curious about yourself?
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Mercutio smiled from under his mask and nodded his head. "The main road can make a man's soul weary, the small towns are far more appealing when the spirit needs a refreshment. Wouldn't you agree?" He continued the spinning motion of the dance before pulling her just an inch or so closer before pulling her further from the music, to better hear her.

"His name was Robert Lafayette. He wasn't a doctor really, but seemed to know all that was needed in order to be. Remarkable man truly." The song ended, and the crowd clapped enthusiastically for another. Merc led the woman outside to where he could speak with her fully. "Robert owns a manor out there actually. He's a collector from what I've known. Ever heard of him? He's lived there longer than either of us have lived it would seem." He chuckled and leaned against the railing outside.

Mercutio slipped the mask from his face and tilted his head at the woman. She had a seemingly innocent face, but she had a certain skill at asking the right questions. "I am given the title of doctor not only because of my physical exploits, but also my mental." He tapped a finger against his temple. "I've studied human and other species' behavior to the point that I am considered something of an expert. Magic of course playing a key role in many of our experiments." A slightly sad look came over his face, but he took a deep breath and continued on. "Thanks to my studies, I've been able to somewhat unlock the criminal mind, so much so, that I am called upon when strange cases come forward. All the nastiness of our society. Like disappearances, murders, kidnappings, politics." He winked softly before holding up a hand to his chin. "So tell me My dear, what is it that you can tell me of your nephew, he seemed rather arrogant and brash. Do you disagree?" His eyes pierced into hers, unblinking.
Back to top Go down
Apo
Admin
Apo

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 12:38 am

"Rude is it? But I cannot help hear such things, much like if you had yelled them in my ear." Adonis replied. He had leverage, it was true, yet he did not feel the need to press his advantage... yet. Adonis the merchant was an opportunist, and neither he nor Aurelian would waste an opportunity by calling undue attention on Vela. Not when it served nothing.

He smiled when she tried to, as he saw it, counter attack. He would have applauded her initiative, had it not been aimed at him... and had it proved to be more effective. "Never, no. I do not need to have others foolishly attempt to tell me what I am, or their perception of me." he answered, and his smile grew ironic. "A nice effort though, Vela. It might have worked, were I someone else. Would you perchance have any other skills?" he replied. Adonis led conversations much like his battles; always keeping the other on the defensive, never giving ground, or when he did only so that he may earn more.

Soon though the dance ended. "Shall we walk, or would you rather dance another one?" he asked her, though either way suited him. He rarely gave anyone a choice, most of them rarely being actual choices.

Selen listened attentively to the Doctor's words. "I have heard of him yes, when my family's fortune was failing." she answered. She also listened when he spoke of his work, Selene was a great listener. "It sounds like a very dangerous occupation. Don't you fear that future criminals will target you to remain safe?" she asked, seemingly concerned, though she did giggle when he added politics with the rest. Her smile faded a bit when he mentioned her nephew, and she shook her head slightly. If she was troubled by the man's eyes, she did not show it... Tohugh even then Adonis' magic came into play. His agents all suffered through a mental operation that prevented them from even thinking of betraying their lord, removed the possibility from their minds. As such, they lied much better when the subject of the Lord-Emperor was brought, and could not reveal information about him even under the pain of torture.

"Adonis has lived a very troubled life, with great pressure from his parents to excel before sickness took them both. They left him little, and with my own family near poverty, he had to fend for himself. I apologize for him if he seemed arrogant, it was not his intent I am sure, yet past accomplishments have made him confident in himself, perhaps that is what you interpreted as arrogance." she explained. "I beg of you not to hold him any ill will for it, but he is still young... and managed to accomplish much at such an age."
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:26 pm

She stopped dancing when the song ended and did a small curtsy, "I'd prefer to walk actually. Perhaps walking and talking will distract you enough to lessen your desire to eavesdrop on the one region of privacy one can maintain at an event like this. Learning how to not listen is also a valuable skill, Sir, and one of politeness at that." Mind mages thought they were all that...she had dealt with them before. Her mind was like a dressing room...so much intimate and private information was processed there and for someone to intrude on that privacy was not tolerated. Not by her anyway. If he continued to listen to that dark mind of hers, she would just have to take the mean way out and imagine an orgy of fat men until he left her alone. He seemed like a decent fellow, so Vela would like to not have to do that.

Vela walked with him toward one of the sweeping balcony areas before answering his question, "I do have other skills. I can make you think something is there through suggestion, a 'pusher' if you will, I can play music, and more. Something tells me there's more to you than you lead on as well...and I don't have to be psychic to know that." The demon stretched her jaw quickly, feeling a slight pop at the hinge and shrugged, flicking her hand in the air, "But I don't want to dwell on something like that. This is a celebration. So tell me...do you hand paint your own silks?"
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 10, 2011 2:56 pm

Mercutio gave a slight scoff before shaking his head. "Come after me? No. I'm not putting away common criminals. It is only the.... unusual ones that I get called in for." He smiled and and scratched his chin. "If I were the one banging down criminal's doors, I think I would be quite useless at it. I'm not much of a fighter really." He looked out over the party below and nodded. "It's amazing how slowly fortunes rise yet how quickly empires fall, is it not?" He chuckled and took her hand. "I'm sure he is quite happy with having someone as wonderful as yourself by his side. Many accomplishments or not, a good friend is always appreciated." His eyes continued their gaze before he took another drink and chuckled. "Do you enjoy reading Selene? I'm not going to insult your intelligence by thinking you do not know how."

He leaned back from his banister and pointed to a stair case that led up to the second floor. "I actually have an extensive library, just up there. I normally keep it closed off to guests, but I think you would find it rather fascinating. There are a few works of art that you may enjoy as well." He offered his arm for her to take, a warm smile upon his face.
Back to top Go down
Apo
Admin
Apo

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 2:30 am

Adonis smirked as he leaned against the balcony's railings.. "Please, by all means do not think that I desire so much as I choose to use all my senses to my advantage, rather than bury my head in sand like an ostrich. Sometimes information is often the difference between life and death... or would be if I were to warn others of your own desires." he replied. His smirk transformed into a smile; after nearly fifty years of experience with mind magic, walking and talking was the least he could do.

"Amusing as how people, whenever they learn of the existence of a mind mage, immediately think of the one thing they would truly not want to be known, and so loudly it is inevitable that the mind mage learns, isn't?" he remarked. "But if it puts your thoughts to rest, I promise to listen with only my ears for the duration of our conversation." he added. Of course, there was no way she would be able to tell if he was being true or not.

"Music you say? What a coincidence, I very much like the musical arts as well. Which instrument is your specialty?" he asked, genuinely interested. When the subject changed to silks, he shook his head. "Not anymore, I have become successful enough to have others do it for me. I keep myself busy with the administration of my businesses and other venues."

He could see what was going on with Selene, see through her eyes, hear through her ears, and feel what she felt. Such was the power of mind magic, though such extent of control was beyond most people. It had taken Adonis years to perfect it, yet it served him wonderfully. Selene didn't mind his presence in her mind, for she lacked the ability to even form the thought to refuse him.

"Yet you managed to bring down a demon." she pointed out. "Even the strongest fighter would have fallen short of such an accomplishment." Selene possessed a sharp intelligence behind the airs of brainless prestigious woman, something that was often forgotten about her. To the Doctor's remark about empires and fortune, Selene disagreed. "Both can know quick falls as well as long ones and the same can be said of their rise. I suppose it all depends on the individual."

She looked away when he mentionned Adonis. "His thoughts are hard to tell, I'm not sure if he considers anyone a friend." she said, almost sadly. The poor dove, such was her role. Her expression brightened when the good doctor mentioned reading. "Of course, I love reading! Oh how sweet of you!" she said when he proposed to show her his library. She took his arm, while Adonis and his Eyes watched from different places and different means. The Eyes were Aurelian's spies, assassins, torturers and the Lord-Emperor's bodyguards when out in missions like this. Most would be invisible through magic while others mingled with the crowds. Illusions and Death were an Eye's choice of studies in term of magic, though only the strongest and most experienced could master both; but then, only those would be allowed the honour to guard the Lord-Emperor.

"I must say, the craft of your garb is excellent. Were I the kind, I think I would be jealous." Adonis remarked to Vela. "Who was the creator of such a marvel?" he asked.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:48 pm

Vela rolled her eyes from him when he continued to speak of the matter. It was when he said he'd refrain from listening to her thoughts further that she turned back to him with a nod, "Thank you...as for my music...my specialty is the harp. I dabbled into the realm of the lute and drums, but found my heart belonged to only one music maker." Her head shook in response to his own in regards to his silk, "I can't imagine having to be the manager of such a larger operation. It would certainly drive me mad. If you do not paint your own silks, what on earth do you find time for to relieve the stress created from your business?"

The demon smiled down at her dress, "What...this old thing? I'm going to be honest with you as I've no doubt you are just a master at finding lies, I don't know who made this. I...'found' it a few weeks ago. Unfortunately, I AM the jealous type, and that is how it came into my possession." Vela nodded to his own garb, "What of yours? A product of your own creation I assume?"

Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 14, 2011 2:47 pm

The Doc brought the woman up the stairs and closed the doors behind them. He led her to where the library was and released her. "I personally didn't bring down the demon actually. No sword was in my hand. What I did, was figure who the demon was in human form. From there, I had the person followed until they slipped up and transformed. From there, I set up a trap for that person and from there... I allowed the guard to do their work." He smiled and stepped forward. The library was a small room with two finely cushy armchairs and a fireplace. The wall was adorned with a 15 foot tall book case that was fit to burst with various leather bound pages. He made his way over to the chair and sat himself down while looking at his collection. "Forgive me, but I just love to show off my collection." He smiled slightly at her before standing up and clapping his hands. "Well I think I will go grab a couple of glasses of wine for us."

He stepped out of the room for a few minutes and returned with the two glasses with deep red wine in it. He handed one to her and tilted his head. "You know, to live in a world with no friends sounds a bit.... freeing. To not have anyone else in your business or in your work asking silly questions would be an interesting life. Lonely... but interesting. How's your wine Selene?"
Back to top Go down
Apo
Admin
Apo

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 6:47 am

His eyes narrowed, his expression grown pensive. "What a coincidence." he murmured. "The harp happens to be one of my most favorite instruments to play, along with the lute." he said, his voice back to its normal volume. It was thought that Aurelian could excel at whatever it was that interested him, when he had been younger. For a time, such had been the case of music; he had even written compositions of his own.

"Music helps." he answered to her second query. "Otherwise I read. At a certain point in a merchant's life, the daily problems become easy to deal with, and there isn't much to stress about." he explained, before a smirk spread on his face. "And now I sound like an old man with decades of experience. Still, my answer stands."

He tilted his head to the side as she explained the dress' origin. "Jealous? Does such jealousy include other things than clothes?" he asked, before grinning. "And should I be concerned?"

"I am no tailor. While the silks are of my manufactures, the designs themselves are made by a client of mine, a beneficiary arrangement for both parties, to be told." he answered to her question.

Selene listened to the Doctor. "You sound more like a detective, an investigator, then a Doctor.... Doctor." she said with a smile. She smiled prettily enough, truth be told. She followed him inside the library, and her eyes brightened at the sight of the book collection. "What a wonderful collection! You have reason to be proud." she exclaimed. She approached one of the book case, but dared not touch the books themselves. Selene turned around to face the Doctor once more when he proposed to take some whine. "Only a little for me, please." she said.

When he returned, Selene was still observing his collection. She thanked him for her glass and took a small sip of it. "It would be a very solitary existence, certainly not for me." she replied. "The wine is excellent, thank you!" she told him and took another sip.

While Selene could not feel it, Adonis could begin to feel the effects of her drink on her. Either she had drank too much, or the drink had been spiked. Either way, he would soon have to get her out of there...

"Um... I wonder where my aunt went." Adonis said out loud, his eyes searching the area around him. It would not be good for him to find the exact place where Selene was; not if he was to maintain some cover or remain unremarkable by most present.
Back to top Go down
Xala

Xala

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:20 pm

Vela nodded her head as he spoke, trying her best to pay attention. There were many distracting things around them, voices of other conversations nearby, movement inside the home, and so on. She didn't want to come off as rude...and keeping her attention on the conversation at hand would keep her mind from wandering to things a bit more secretive.

The demon smirked and gave a slight laugh, "I can be jealous of many things. It's just...clothes are much easier to take than hair! And you have nothing to be concerned of, dear gentleman, you're attire--while glorious--would not flatter my figure."

He did appear to have some form of concern however. It appeared his aunt had disappeared. Vela shrugged, "Last I saw, she was with the good doctor. No doubt he is taking care of her..."
Back to top Go down
Signal
Co-Admin
Signal

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 19, 2011 11:48 pm

The doctor took a small sip from his own cup and set it on a table next to his armchair. "Selene dear, you look positively ragged... Have a seat before the wine takes the best of you." The slight paling of the skin, the eyes becoming bloodshot. The poison was slowly paralyzing her body, putting her into a nice calming sleep. The doctor led her to the chair before saying in a calm voice, "Please lie here while I go get your nephew... We wouldn't want him to miss you." He gave that warm smile before heading back out of the doors of the library and moving down the stairs. Oh how lovely tonight was turning out. He smiled at a few guests and made his way down through the crowd to where he spotted the nephew. By now, Selene's mind would be off in a dream state, to a realm that even a mind mage would have trouble locating.

He walked his way over toward the band and vanished within the crowd.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Night at the Doctor's home   A Night at the Doctor's home I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Night at the Doctor's home
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Aeternus :: Archives :: Archives-
Jump to: